Wednesday, July 7, 2010

How to post comments

Thank you to everyone who has added comments to the students' writing! It really makes a world of difference. Students do read their comments from their pieces all year long.

How to comment:

Step 1: Read the writing
Step 2: Think about what the student is doing well and where the student can improve
Step 3: Click on the link under the post that says 0 Comments (or 1 Comments etc.)
Step 4: Write your comment in the box
Step 5: Click on annonymous or how you would like to post your comment. Please include your first name in your comment if you are not a student!
Step 6: Submit and wait for approval.
** If you are my student, remember I only posts comments that are written in complete sentences, and that include your number, not your name



Dear # ,
I really enjoyed writing your piece. Here are some things I really enjoyed about your piece:
1.
2.

Here is a question, or suggestion I have for your piece:
1.

-----------------
What we have been working on are:
  • Adding dialogue
  • Strong leads
  • Vivid verbs
  • Have a realistic problem for the story
  • Adding details about the problem - telling more
  • Using complex sentences (FANBOYS) (Sentence, FANBOY sentence. The FANBOYS are for, and, nor, but, or, yet and so. So an example would be: I went to the store. I bought a pizza. ==> I went to the store, and I bought a pizza.
  • Writing in complete sentences
Ideally I would like every piece to have comments from at least two adults.

Thank you in advanced for all of your help!

No comments:

Post a Comment