Monday, January 31, 2011

18 - A Play

Characters:
Mr. Robertson……………..Teacher
Nathan…………………………Student
Matthew……………….......Student
Amy…………………………….Student
Serena………………………..Student
Class……………………………All Students
Scene 1

Setting: Mr. Robertson’s class
Mr. Robertson: Tomorrow each one of you is going to give a report with another student that is assigned with you on a president
Class: Okay
Mr. Robertson: These are the groups. Mark and Emily, Sierra and Justin, Taylor and Marcus, Nathan and Serena, Jake and Katie, Samantha and Jacob, Matthew and Amy,
Matthew: Awww man, do I have to be with her, Mr. Robertson
Amy: Yeah, why do I have to be with him?
Mr. Robertson: Amy and Matthew, that’s not nice. You two should be respecting each other. Now put your name on the board and apologize.
Nathan: Yeah Apologize.
Mr. Robertson: Nathan you may put your name on the board.
Serena: Amy why did you open your mouth? Next time keep it shut.
Mr. Robertson: Serena I do not need any help. Now you three may come in for recess.
Scene 2

Time: Recess time.
Setting: Mr. Robertson’s Class
Mr. Robertson: Now, you three need to learn how to respect each other. Did you apologize?
Amy, Matthew, and Nathan: Yes.
Mr. Robertson: Good. Amy and Matthew, I think you two will make a great team. You may go to recess.
Scene 3

Time: The next day.
Setting: Mr. Robertson’s class.
Mr. Robertson: I hope your reports are finished. Now first up are Amy and Matthew.
Matthew: Our report is on George W. Bush but before I start I want to say that respecting people is as important as ruling the world.

4 comments:

  1. Hey, I like how you made a play out of this small classroom spat. I like how you make Mr. Robertson so matter-of-fact: "I do not need your help, Serena". He is clearly in charge and you have clearly heard this before! Your ending is excellent, spot-on. The students have indeed learned their lesson about respecting each other. Clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked this 'play' format. It was interesting to see how a play is written with the cast of characters, the setting, and who is speaking written before each line. You did a great job with it. ^_^
    And, I really liked the lesson learned at the end.
    Excellent.
    Love, Granny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice play #18. I loved how you wrote the cast of characters before the play. You write good plays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. #19 said.....
    #18 you have such a great play I loved when I got to play serena.It was funny becuase mr.Robertson was mad saying "I don't need your help serena it was so fun to play in fornt of the class like a theater I was mad becuase that is the day I broke my arm. I just really love all your playes and stories and I also like when both boys were fighting then they became friends.On every story you put in so much detail awesome stories
    sincerly
    #19

    ReplyDelete