Monday, January 31, 2011

4 - The Show

The Show

“Hey you guys let’s have a show,” I said. Teresa, Maria, Imone, and Nia were at my house in the backyard thinking of a game to play. It was around 6:00 when we decided to do a show. Since I had a tramp, we could use it to do cool tricks and stuff on their!

We choose who would go first, second, third, fourth, and last. Maria was first. She was swinging on the poles, back and forth, swaying from side to side, with wind blowing in her hair. When she jumped down, she flew through the air like a bird trying to go south before it freezes.

When it came to my turn, I used an umbrella for my performance. When I jumped up in the air as I was coming down, the umbrella was inside out, and I could feel my hair blowing in tons of different directions. Then when I landed, it turned back the way it was suppost to. Boy I loved the wind and wondered what the judges thought of my performance so far. I decided I couldn’t do what I was doing forever so, I threw the umbrella and decide t to do a flip.
I jumped about six times until I was high enough. While I was turning, I felt very confident that the judges would love my performance, but I was to busy thinking that I landed on my neck and then bounced on it again! My neck hurt super badly!

The next morning my neck hurt even more, but at least I won the game with a total of 20 points from the judges.

2 comments:

  1. Well, you like the written word, don't you? I really got drawn in to your story right away and learned a little about you with the opening dialogue. Nice work there. I also like "swinging" and "swaying" in the second paragraph, and the simile you use about Maria being like a bird. Fitting!

    I just have a couple of questions: who were the judges, and is a tramp a trampoline?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your show sounded like so much fun--right up until you hurt your neck, that is! We have three daughters and when they were growing up, they put shows on for us all the time. Those are fun memories for us. They would practice and practice before they performed for us.
    I like how you described your hair blowing when you were coming down. It made me imagine how that would feel.
    Great job! ^_^
    Love, Granny

    ReplyDelete