Saturday, January 29, 2011

28 - Camping

One cold Thursday morning my dad woke me up at 5:30 to pack for the trip. We planned this camping trip for 3 months. This was my third time camping! I wish I'd remembered the name of the campsite but I don't. After we packed we went to Linda's house to meet with her and my brother June bug.

When we got to Linda's house we saw Tonie, Junebug, Nate, Damion, Keana, Alea and Linda. Tonie is my sister she is 13 now. Junebuug is my oldest brother he is 31 now. Nate is my nephew he is 6 now. Damion is my youngest nephew he is 4 now. Keana is my neice she is 8. Alea is my oldest niece she is my age she is 11. Linda is Junebugs mom, and Tonic's mom.

Tnie, Nate, Damion, Keana, Alea, and I started to play. While Linda was packing we played with Tonie's dog. Tonie's dog's name is Shaday. She is a Chiwawa. Shaday is black, has a white spot on her ear, and one big white spot on her tummy. Shaday is as fast as an athlete. She can run for an hour non stop. It will take an hour and thirty minutes to catch her, or you might have fast lets and arms.

When Linda was packed, we started driving. We drove to Walmart for some more supplies. We were trying to get some worms for fishing. My dad bought me some sunglasses too. Nate and I got bored, and we saw some balls that we could play with. Then I took off my sunglasses and set them down on the shelf.

Next we started to play two square. After that my dad said it was time to go. We left Walmart, and we went back to our cars. My dad packed some Gatorade, and I got a purple Gatorade and drunk it. After that I remembered that I'd left my sunglasses on the shelf. Then I just let it go. As we left, I started to cry.

A few minutes later we stopped at Jack In the Box for breakfast. I got 3 eggrolls, fries, and a water. Tonie, Nate, Damion, Keana, Alea, Junebug, Linda and my dad got egg sandwiches. There was a gas station next to Jack In the Box, so we stopped there to fill up our gas tanks. The gas station was called AM PM. Then we left.

An hour later we arrived at the campsite. I was going to get the food out first but my dad said to set the test first because we will have not have anywhere to put the food. Linda and I had the same kind of test. Dad and I finished setting our tent before Linda did. After we got done with the test we got out the food. It was 3 hours until 7 o'clock.

My uncle John came over and got something to eat. Then he told us a scary story. The story was about a warthog human living on a very tall hill. The warthog human flashed his light every night. Next he said to put gram crackers in front of your tests because the warthog human loves gram crackers, or else he will shake your test at night and demand some gram crackers.

The next morning was a hot day. It was so hot we took a walk and brought our swimming suits to find a small stream to cool off in. The water was so cold it made me shiver on a hot day. After about an hour we went back to the campsite for breakfast. We had eggs, pancakes, and water for breakfast. As the day went past, it was almost dinner time. For dinner we had chili hot dogs.

The next morning was a hot day too. It was Sunday. Sunday was the day that we were going to come back to Portland. We went back home. That was the best camping trip ever!

6 comments:

  1. Wow! You are not afraid to write. This is the longest story I have ever read on Rigler. That is awesome.
    I liked how you described everything and everybody, even the dog! I felt bad about your sunglasses, but you did the right thing in letting it go.
    On one camping trip, my daughter had a new pink hat that she loved. She went out on the canoe with her dad and the hat fell in the water and sank. She was so sad. Later, we bought her another one but we couldn't find a pink one so she got a blue one, which she didn't like as well.
    Thank you for sharing your story with me! ^_^
    Love, Granny

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful story #28 it's the longest story I'v ever read on Rigler.8 paragraphs!WOW!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!#28 this is a long beautiful story. I love it keep up the good work!!!:) from #25

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice story #28! I love going camping, so I bet you had a good time. I love how you describe everything so perfectly[like your cousins and the dog] . You wrote a splendid story. You are so lucky!!!! :] From a classmate

    ReplyDelete
  5. good story!!!!I love how you describe everything and everyone, even the dog #28.I hope you had a splendid time camping. I hope I see more stories from you!!!!:) from#25 P.S from a classmate

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow #28!!!!!! You are VERY talented.I love how you described everything and everyone!! I hope I see more stories from you!!!!!:) from #25

    ReplyDelete