Friday, September 24, 2010

25

Sienna, a student in fith grade. Was the best speller in the world. All she has to do is say the word in her and she blurts it out or writes it down on a piece of paper.

One day there was a word in the national spelling bee nobody could spell and she said to her friend “I could spell that so easily”. Her friend said “you should go sign up for it” “Well that’s a great idea” Sienna said.

Sienna walked down to the national spelling bee and said to the judges that she wanted to be in the national spelling bee this year. She enrolled herself and a few minutes later the spelling bee started. She was all ready to spell and in the middle of the spelling bee the judges said that one word. She was so nervous, but she thought of the word and got it right!

She was so happy. Her family was happy and friends too. She said she would never forget that moment for the rest of her life and she didn’t forget.

4 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I enjoyed the story. What a great feeling to be able to perform under pressure.

    One of the things I noticed was a few mis-spelled words. I thought this was ironic. Some of the mis-spelled words were words you know how to spell (like "fifth" which you spelled as fith. So I wondered if you had read the story after you wrote it specifically to check for spelling. It's always a good idea to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an interesting story. I think it's because I say new words in my head, too, and try to figure out how they are spelled. Sometimes when I meet someone new and don't understand their name, I ask them to spell it so I can make a word picture of it in my head.
    The only suggestion I have for you is to join up the first and second sentences and make them just one sentence. ^_^
    Thank you for sharing this great story!
    Love, Granny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear #25,
    Your character sounds ambitious!
    Try reading your story out loud to yourself or someone else to hear where changing words or punctuation a little a would improve your story and also make it easier for others to read.
    An example would be to change your punctuation those first two opening sentences to make one strong sentence that flows well: "Sienna, a student in the fifth grade, was the best speller in the world!"
    keep up the good work! Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never been in a spelling bee but I have gave speeches and I bet it is as bad.

    ReplyDelete