Monday, September 27, 2010

30 - All about me Poem

All About Me Poem
My Name is S L

I have experienced the wind ruffling the sails,
heeling in the water,
almost being able to touch the water,
sailing a boat on the open seas.


I imagine riding an electric bicycle,
zooming up hills without breaking a sweat,
the wind blowing through my hair,
paying only five cents to ride
miles and
miles and
miles.


I know, Yo se how to speak in English
y como hablar en espanol,
el lenguaje de mis ninos,
my past y el futuro de los estados unidos.

I wonder about which one of you will become
scientists, solar powered architects, space traveler,
writers, doctors and teachers
I wonder about who you will become,
I hope that my class helps you reach your dreams.


I believe that every child in the world
has the right to an excellent education,
no matter what country you were born in,
what your parents do or
who you are.
I believe every child has the responsibility to work hard.
The world needs all of your skills, work and dreams!

1 comment: