Thursday, February 10, 2011

18 - Field day

Kids run around and play the games on the field. As I walk outside, I smell the fresh air, and listen to the screams in the air. I love my schools field day.

At our school every spring we have a field day. On this day we have races, tug-of-war, and a lot of games to play. One thing I love to do is race in the 50-yard dash.

The 50-yard is a race that is 50-yards long. In the race are four kids from each class. The race is divided by grade and by boy or girl. In the years I have raced, I have got 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 3rd place again.

Field Day is a very fun day for me, so I hope you have it in your school.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on doing well in the races. Enjoyed reading your article. One minor comment - The 50-yard is a race that 50-yards long is not a necessary statement - meaning most people will understand this without including a sentence to define it. Overall, however, I enjoyed reading your story. Hope you have a great year in school and the field days sound fun. Best to you and your colleagues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your story made me remember field days when my kids were in school. One event was a skipping race. Can you imagine skipping for 100 yards? It's kind of hard!
    I like your enthusiasm for field day and it came through in your writing.
    Thank you for sharing this story with me. It brought back great memories. ^_^
    Love, Granny

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it sounded kind of poetic. In other words, it was a GREAT READ :)
    I remember those days, having done those same things back then. I was horrible at all of them, hee hee!

    ReplyDelete