Tuesday, February 22, 2011

8 - Recycling

Do you ever get tired of people leaving their garbage around? I have a dream that people would throw away trash, and recycle their paper everyday. I feel like most people don’t do their best to keep their neighborhood clean. I always fell like they don’t care about the world.

Sometimes I see people walk, and they have garbage in their pocket, and they just throw it on the ground. My dad always tells them to pick up their garbage, and then they put it back in their pocket, and then walk off. Sometimes I see people throw their garbage out the window. My dad always waits until the street is clear and then he runs out there and picks it up.

Sometimes people walk by, and see some garbage, and pick it up. Most people ignore the garbage, and walk right by it. My dad is the only person I see that only picks up garbage that’s not even his.

If more places were clean, people would want to go more places.

I think that a lot of people would me happier. In the future, I would like this entire world clean and not full of trash. People would do their best to keep the world clean.

4 comments:

  1. Good job and I applaud your dad.

    In Portland you have a good recycling program, but I do not know how expensive it is for the individual to participate. It might be interesting for you to do some research on this.

    Can you think of ways to decrease the use of paper?

    Keep up the good work and studying of an important problem.

    Mom-Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a very responsible dad. I bet that means that you are very responsible, too. I think sometimes leading by example, like you and your dad, is a simple solution that might get through to some people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same way about people who litter. It seems like the don't care at all. I'd hate to live in a neighborhood with garbage on the street or sidewalk, because that means I live near people who don't care about the world. And who knows what else they don't care about..

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some good insights about littering and recycling. I don't understand why people think it's OK to throw stuff on the ground, either. And recycling takes very little effort so why people don't do that is puzzling, as well.
    We can only be responsible for ourselves, though, and do our best. Your dad is a good example of that. ^_^
    Love, Granny

    ReplyDelete