Friday, February 18, 2011

Rigler Elementry School

If you stand in front of Rigler school, you’ll see roses and flowers blooming by the front doors. If you stand in front of our playground. You’ll se kids of all ages playing around. If you stand in front of our parking lot, you’ll see kids holding orange flags with the word ”STOP”, because safety comes first. I’m going to tell whoever may be reading this story why I think Rigler is a great school.

First of all, we have a safe and fun playground. At recess, not everybody wants to play tetherball, or basketball, or 4-square, so if you just want to hang out with your friends, you can go to the playground, and just talk. Even though there are some kids running around and playing tag, they shouldn’t be bothering you for any reason. Except when it’s wet or raining, they don’t let you go to he playground, cause’ like I said before, safety comes first.

Another good thing about Rigler is that we have portables. These portables are for 6th, 7th, and 8th graders. The portables are outside, so on a hot day you can just open the window, and let the cool air fly in. The only negative thing about portables is that they’re right next to the playground, so during class it might be really loud. A good thing about portables is that it’s outside, so if you feel like you need some cool air, you can just relax while changing classes!

I like going to Rigler because I have great friends. Not all of them are in my class, or my grade either. Rigler has more than 500 students! This is a good thing because than you can make different friends. By different I mean different grade level, and different race. Rigler is a very diversed school!

At Rigler we have a different meal served for lunch each day. We have variety at this school. Our salad bars are filled with fruits and veggies. Also, everyday at Rigler we have a snack. Every single class sends down 1 or 2 students to the cafeteria, so they can get the snack. It’s always fruit or vegetable. This is a good way to keep Rigler students healthy.

There are tons of teachers and staff here at Rigler. They are all kind and helpful to the students. Teachers are what make Rigler a school. Without these teachers well, Rigler wouldn’t even be a school! All the teachers at Rigler are all historians! I love going to school everyday to see all the great teachers.

Well, there you go! I told you everything I LOVE about Rigler, and I hope all Rigler students feel the same way. I will go to Rigler all the way to 8th grade, and I’m so excited to meet my future teachers! GO RIGLER!

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful school you go to! You told me about so many good things. It sounds like your school is full of great people, healthy food habits and a fun playground. Maybe one day my kids will go to Rigler, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I think your post is very well-written with excellent organization and nearly perfect grammar. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful story you wrote! I was able to imagine the flowers, the playground, and the students playing. And I think it's wonderful that you get a healthy snack every day, too. Kids need brain food! ^_^
    I loved your enthusiasm for Rigler and that you wrote such a long story. You did a great job.
    Love, Granny

    ReplyDelete