Friday, February 11, 2011

4 - Electricity

I think the most important invention is electricity. Without it, we wouldn’t have lights power for dishwashers, washers, dryers, and a bunch of other stuff.

The world would be a lot different in so many ways. We would have to use candles to light up our house and the light from the sun. It would be boring because you would have to work harder, and you wouldn’t watch any television.

The world has changed so much since electricity was invented. We have lights, television, cars, things to wash our clothes with, and heat so we’re warm. On the other hand, electricity has also made the earth not very clean. If we didn’t have cars we wouldn’t pollute the air by driving them on the roads.

Electricity has changed many people’s lives and sure has changed mine. I’m am so happy this was invented!

4 comments:

  1. I agree with you! The world would be very different without electricity. It's very hard to imagine life without it. I only disagree with one thing: I think there are many more fun, more creative, and more exciting things to do than watch television, and the world would be better without it. Either way, I am happy electricity was invented, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It still amazes me sometimes that I can flip a switch and lights come on. It's fabulous. I like in your story that you said we would use candles or light from the sun, if we didn't have electricity. I could tell from that and other things you said that you spent some time thinking about what it would be like to live without electricity.
    You did a great job. ^_^
    Love, Granny

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like to have electricity, but sometimes I like to have simplicity. An oil lamp, and candles while playing games with the family. Simplicity is often unappreciated. Altho, if it wasn't for electricity I wouldn't be on a computer to comment that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. To the author: What do you think the next important invention will be?

    ReplyDelete