Saturday, February 26, 2011

Thank you and update from Ms. L

I wanted to say thank you to all of the individuals who have posted comments for students over the past two years. Every student has enjoyed having outside people reading their stories. I think that both you and I have seen all of the students grow tremendously as writers over these past two years.

As you may or may not know, I am expecting my third child at the end of the this month. Due to some complications, this week will be my last week at school. I will only be teaching half time for this last week, and then am going to need to take off. I will show my long term substitute teacher how to use the blog, but I do not know if it will be updated or not while I am out.

I also wanted to thank a donor who very generously offered to buy one book for each of my students. I talked with the place that prints the book and was able to get a 30% discount for my students. I know that it will mean a lot to them to have a published book of their own writings.

Once again, thank you for every comment you have made. The students love to receive these comments. This has been a wonderful experience for them that would not have been possible without all of your help.

Thank you,

Ms. L

1 comment:

  1. Hello. While I was in graduate school, I taught Genetics Lab to undergrads. There were weekly writing assignments, and the writing skills of these juniors in college was disheartening to say the least. I think this blog is wonderful! I was introduced to this blog through craigslist; I wish it had been sooner. What a wonderful way to motivate students to write! I hope your substitute will provide as much encouragement in writing as you have.

    Take care and best wishes in welcoming your new little one into this world.

    ReplyDelete